Take a look at all available baby carriers in the market today and you may confuse one for the other… they all look the same! But just one glance at the TBG Tactical Baby Gear baby carrier tells you that this one is different. This is not your common grasshopper type baby carrier.
This minimalist carrier is designed especially for dads. But not just any dad, tactical dads! The TBG carrier looks more like an item of military gear than baby gear and that’s exactly what it’s supposed to feel and look like
The Tactical Baby Gear carrier is a structured baby carrier made of 600D tactical polyester. The 600D means this is a really heavy-duty fabric like those used for actual military equipment.
The TBG baby carrier uses a MOLLE system. The MOLLE system is used in the military so that soldiers and their equipment are able to withstand rough terrain and harsh conditions. MOLLE stands for Modular Lightweight Load-Carrying Equipment. The MOLLE webbing lets you attach all kinds of accessories, so you can customize the carrier to your specific needs.
Now, the carrier isn’t all tough and no love. It also caters to your baby’s needs. It has a soft interior liner for your child’s comfort that and machine wash as needed.
The minimalistic design means the carrier is also practical, lightweight, and easy to use on your own.
A feature of this baby carrier especially for dads is the Velcro patch on the top of the carrier – ideal for your favorite patches that allows you to declare to the world who you are and what you love.
The TBG carrier has a really wide base that will give your baby really good support, promote healthy hip development, and prevent the development of hip dysplasia.
The padded shoulder straps crisscross in an X-shape over your back. This design brings the straps closer to your neck rather than further out on your shoulders. This means there is less leverage on your shoulders and back and you carry the baby higher up which puts less stress on your back.
The shoulder straps and the inside portion for the carrier are lined with a padded air-mesh material for ultimate comfort in all conditions.
The carrier is certified and meets all safety requirements for ASTM F2236-13 and CPSIA.
|Dimensions||17 x 11 x 1.9 inches|
|Minimum weight recommendation||8 pounds|
|Maximum weight recommendation||33 pounds|
|Safety requirements||Meets with ASTM F2236-13 and CPSIA requirements|
Key features of the TBG carrier
- Rugged 600D outer material
- MOLLE system for attaching accessories
- Removable cotton-padded washable liner
- X-shape padded shoulder straps
- Light and compact design
- Wide base for baby to sit in
- Baby can face in or out depending on how old baby is
- Durable UTX Buckles
- Ease of use
- The TBG Tactical baby carrier features a simple yet cool design that appeals mainly to dads. It is a no-nonsense, minimalistic carrier built with rugged materials that will outlast you and your child. The TBG carrier comes in color patterns that appeal (mainly) to dads including black, brown, ranger green and, black camo.
- The straps on this carrier are super adjustable so it can fit even the widest chest width.
- The TBG baby carrier is designed for you to carry your baby in two carry positions on your front, facing inward or outward. You can change your baby to the outward position when his neck is strong enough to hold his head without support.
- The Tactical Baby Gear carrier has a wide base for your baby to sit in. That will give your baby the right support to ensure healthy hip development, and prevent the development of hip dysplasia.
- The X-shaped shoulder straps bring the shoulder straps closer to your neck so you carry your baby high and spare your back.
- A great feature of the TBG Tactical baby carrier that makes it stand out from other carriers is the MOLLE webbing. This innovative design feature lets dads attach a whole range of accessories. For instance, attaching a can holder to the MOLLE webbing means you can stow your beer while you’re hiking or barbecuing!
- The carrier features a minimalistic, open design for maximum airflow and breathability. The shoulder straps and the inside of the carrier are lined with a padded air-mesh material for ultimate comfort in all conditions.
- The carrier folds up compactly for easy storage.
- This carrier doesn’t have a waist belt like other carriers. The waist belt usually helps to keep the weight off the back and to distribute the baby’s weight evenly.
- The carrier is designed to be worn in the front carry position only.
How to put the TBG baby carrier on
Before you put the carrier on, make sure it is completely open. Put the straps over your head with the open carrier hanging down your front.
The shoulder straps will be crossed on your back. Grab their extensions and buckle them in the first set of buckles on the sides of the carrier.
When you’ve done that, fold the carrier towards you and buckle the one strap onto the buckle on the one side of the seat.
Now you are ready to put your baby into the TBG carrier. Put the baby on the seat and put his legs through the opening where you have buckled the strap on the one side. Hold the baby securely and put his other leg through on the other side and then buckle the strap on that side.
Once you have the baby buckled in on both sides, you can pull some more on the straps to make the fit snug and secure.
You will see up at the top there are two more buckles, secure them now to the top of the shoulder straps.
Make adjustments by pulling on the various straps, especially the first set of buckles. They determine your ride height. Make sure those straps are not to lose, because then your baby will sit too low on your body which will be hard on your back in the long run.
To use the TBG tactical carrier in the forward carry position, just fold the top of the carrier down before buckling the top buckles.
Here is a video from the guys at TBG showing you exactly how it’s done:
Here is the video showing the forward facing position:
Why we like the TBG tactical baby carrier
- This is a tough carrier for tough dads and comes with military-like efficiency and ruggedness.
- The strong 600D outer material provides ruggedness that will last and last.
- The MOLLE system lets you take your fun accessories with you wherever you go.
- You can carry your baby facing in or out.
- The wide seat makes sure that your baby sits in a healthy position.
- The TBG carrier offers a minimalistic, open design for maximum airflow and breathability.
- Lightweight and easy to use on your own.
- Folds up small for easy storage.
The TBG tactical baby gear carrier is a great carrier overall with a really amazing look to match all your camo gear. It has everything you need in a baby carrier plus great design and practicality. This no-nonsense, minimalistic style carrier will appeal to anyone looking for a baby carrier that is a touch cooler than anything else out there.